- What are Chicken Nuggets?
- Ingredients for making chicken nuggets
- How to make chicken nuggets in air fryer?
- How to make the dipping sauce?
- Tips and notes when air frying
- 3 mistakes when frying chicken with an air fryer that makes the chicken dish not crispy
- Frequently Asked Questions
Deep-fried chicken breast with an air fryer is a familiar dish that many women cleverly choose to change their family’s taste. The aroma of chicken along with the crispy crust is equally attractive.
Chicken breast is always an easy-to-find ingredient, many people just like to eat chicken breast because it doesn’t contain much fat, suitable for menus and diet menus.
You are a fan of KFC, fried chicken but are a bit worried about the amount of grease and fat in your favorite dish.
Then why not try making deep-fried chicken breasts in an air fryer. The chicken is still juicy and delicious outside, without going through any layers of grease. I thought it wasn’t delicious, but it was surprisingly delicious.
In the article “Chicken Nuggets In Air Fryer“, we will share with you how to make chicken nuggets using an air fryer!
What are Chicken Nuggets?
Chicken Nuggets are a food product consisting of a small piece of boneless chicken that is breaded or breaded and then fried or grilled.
Invented in the 1950s, chicken nuggets have become a trendy fast-food item in restaurants and are widely sold for household use.
Chicken Nuggets are one of the most popular “fast food” dishes, especially for children. Crispy fried chicken nugget is loved by many people because of its rich, crispy outer crust and crispy fried meat inside.
Chicken Nuggets can be made at home or purchased frozen at the market or supermarket.
Ingredients for making chicken nuggets
Cooking oil: 400ml
Wheat flour: 120g
Chicken eggs: 2 eggs
Chicken breast: 500g
Water: 2 tablespoons
Pepper: 1/4 teaspoon
Fried dough/rice: 300gr
Salt: 1/4 teaspoon
How to make chicken nuggets in air fryer?
#1. Step 1
Wash the chicken breast and pat dry with a towel. Cut the meat into squares. Then put it in the blender. Divide chicken into equal pieces, and shape it into bite-sized pieces.
#2. Step 2
Make the batter: put 120g of flour in a bowl with 1 tablespoon seasoning salt, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper, and mix well.
#3. Step 3
Crack the eggs into a bowl, add 2 tablespoons of water, and beat until dissolved. In another bowl, add 300g of breadcrumbs/rice. Take the chicken, dip it in the flour mixture one at a time, then the egg, and finally the breadcrumbs/rice. Cook until the end of the chicken.
#4. Step 4
– Method 1: Use an air fryer
Heat the Air Fryer to 180°C. Place the chicken in the preheated Air Fryer. Set 180°C for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, the chicken is cooked. Increase the temperature to 195°C and set for an additional 10 minutes until the chicken is golden brown.
– Method 2: Use cooking oil to cook
Heat oil in a pan, when the oil is hot, drop about 8-10 chicken balls into the pan and fry until the chicken is cooked, and has a beautiful golden color. Remember to stir the chicken until the meat is cooked evenly and not burnt. Take out the chicken to drain the oil and enjoy.
Enjoy with dipping sauces such as chili sauce, ketchup…
*** Read more: How Long To Cook Quail In Air Fryer? Best recipes for cooking quail
How to make the dipping sauce?
You can enhance the flavor of chicken nuggets with spicy chili garlic sauce. Chicken nuggets will be more delicious when eaten with chili garlic dipping sauce made according to the recipe below.
Chili sauce: 20g.
Korean chili sauce: 50g.
Minced garlic: 30g.
Chili powder: 5g.
Put the pan on the stove, sauté garlic and butter, then add ketchup, chili sauce, Korean chili sauce, Korean chili powder, and honey. Stir for 2 minutes, then turn off the heat.
Tips and notes when air frying
– Chicken nuggets do not need to be defrosted before being placed in the air fryer.
– Do not overfill the basket of the air fryer.
– Frying time is based on to what extent the air fryer does not preheat. If you cook multiple batches of chicken nuggets again, the next batches can cook a little faster.
– If using a larger air fryer, the chicken nuggets may cook faster, so adjust the cooking time.
– Remember to time shake/flip/toss as directed in the recipe.
– It is advisable to preheat the pot before adding the chicken so that the temperature of the air fryer is stable.
– Before putting the chicken into the air fryer, you should brush a thin layer of cooking oil on the bottom of the pot.
– If you do not steam the chicken first, but use fresh chicken directly, you should fry the chicken for 5 minutes first at 150 degrees Celsius. Then increase the temperature to 180 degrees and fry for 30 minutes. And you need to note, that after frying the chicken for the first 15 minutes, remember to turn the chicken to cook evenly on both sides.
– Arrange the chicken just enough in the frying tray, do not stack too much, causing the chicken to cook unevenly.
– When the food is finished processing, you should wait a while for the frying tray to cool down before taking it out.
– If the chicken is cooked before the set time, you can turn off the cooker manually by adjusting the timer knob to zero.
*** Read more: How Long To Cook Taquitos In The Air Fryer
3 mistakes when frying chicken with an air fryer that makes the chicken dish not crispy
#1. Put the chicken still wet, not drained completely into the pot
Grilled and fried chicken dishes, after being prepared, are immediately put into the pot, they will not be crispy and the skin will not have the desired golden brown color.
Remember to also use a dry towel to absorb all the water around the chicken, until the chicken is completely dry, then put it in the air fryer.
In addition, with chicken dishes dipped in wet flour that you put directly into the pot, it will make the pot easy to get dirty, difficult to clean, and damage the pot more quickly. Instead, you should cover the pot with a layer of foil and then fry the chicken, or use a regular pot to deep fry in oil for better taste.
#2. Wrap the foil too thickly or too tightly on the chicken
Placing a layer of foil in the air fryer before grilling will help keep the chicken fat from running down the pot. Limit the seasoning sticking around the pot, which penetrates the meat more.
However, if wrapping the foil is too thick or too tight, it will also “backfire”. If the foil wrap is too thick, it will make the chicken take a long time to cook, making it difficult to watch the exact time.
The heat of the pot will only heat the foil, but the inside of the chicken won’t be crispy and evenly cooked.
#3. Do not use cooking oil
Oil-free fryers are known for their ability to limit fat in dishes, but that doesn’t mean you won’t use cooking oil for dishes. Because without a layer of cooking oil, the dish will not have a beautiful golden color, and the crust will not be evenly crispy.
You can use a brush to spread a thin layer of oil around the chicken, making the skin shiny and eye-catching when frying.
*** Read more: What Temperature Should You Air Fly Chicken At?
Frequently Asked Questions
#1. Marinate chicken with fresh milk during processing for what?
Marinating chicken with fresh milk before marinating other spices will make the chicken pieces softer and reduce the fishy smell a lot. You can also substitute with yogurt or buttermilk for a delicious chicken dish.
#2. Why Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets are the BEST?
If you want the perfect texture with a crispy outside and soft inside, air-frying is the way to go! You need to put them in the fryer to reduce the fat to the maximum. This will make your health better.
Thus, in less than 1 hour, with the method of making chicken nuggets with an air fryer, you have immediately delicious crispy fried chicken served with spicy chili garlic sauce to make the dish more attractive. Hopefully “Chicken Nuggets In Air Fryer” will bring you a lot of useful information. Fried chicken with an oil-free fryer has a beautiful color, doesn’t absorb much fat, and is extremely simple. Wish you success with the dish to treat family and friends.