- Ingredients air fryer taquitos
- How do you keep taquitos from falling apart?
- How to make Air Fryer Taquitos
- Variations and Tips For Recipe
- How to make the taquitos extra crispy
- How long should I cook taquitos in an air fryer?
- Can I stack food in an air fryer?
- How can you make taquitos stick together?
- How long do taquitos last?
- Can you freeze taquitos?
- Cook’s Note
The air-fried turkey taquitos are quick and easy to make. When you cook them in an air fryer, they become incredibly crispy, and they only take 6–8 minutes to prepare.
They’re fantastic as an appetizer or snack or a light meal with a salad or side dish. If you prefer to cook them ahead of time and have an easy freezer meal on hand, they can be frozen for up to 3 months.
This article will demonstrate how to cook taquitos in an air fryer and the issues that may arise.
Ingredients air fryer taquitos
- Taco Meat
- Refried Beans
- Shredded Cheese
- Flour Tortilla
How do you keep taquitos from falling apart?
Before attempting to fold tortillas into taquitos, they must be hot. When you try to roll them up, you’ll notice that they’re breaking and falling apart. This indicates that the tortillas aren’t warm enough.
We should wrap a stack of tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave them to warm them up. It takes about 45-60 seconds on high power in the microwave to make them hot enough to roll without cracking.
However, because microwaves vary in power, the timing may fluctuate for you. Cook for 45 seconds and then roll one to see if it cracks. If it does, heat for a bit longer until you find the right time for your microwave.
***Read More: How Long Do You Cook Frozen Taquitos In An Air Fryer
How to make Air Fryer Taquitos
- Filling: In a mixing dish, combine the shredded chicken, shredded cheese, and taco seasoning.
- Warm the Tortillas: It’s critical to warm the tortillas first, so they’re malleable and don’t shatter when rolled! We recommend putting the tortillas in a moist paper towel and heating them in the microwave for 30 seconds to warm them up. Microwave it for another 20 seconds after flipping.
- Fill the Taquitos: Put roughly two spoonfuls of chicken filling into each tortilla, roll it firmly and press down on it to help seal it. Place the taquito in the air fryer basket seam-side down, and repeat with the remaining 15 taquitos.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes at 380°F, then flip the taquitos and cook for another 3-4 minutes until golden and crisp.
Variations and Tips For Recipe
- These taquitos can be made with meat, ground turkey, shredded chicken, shredded beef, etc.
- If you don’t like refried beans, you can replace them with black beans or skip them altogether.
- They won’t crisp up correctly if you don’t leave enough space between the taquitos.
- Shredded cheese (sharp, Mexican, mozzarella, etc.) can be added.
- Spray the shells with oil to help them achieve a golden, crisp color.
- Instead of flour tortillas, use corn tortillas.
- Calories 381
- Total Fat 16.1g 21%
- Cholesterol 97mg 32%
- Sodium 569.7mg 25%
- Total Carbohydrate 27g 10%
- Dietary Fiber 4.2g 15%
- Sugars 2.9g
- Protein 30g 60%
- Vitamin A 14%
- Vitamin C 0%
How to make the taquitos extra crispy
First, we should coat them with olive oil and then gently cook them on both sides. The oil helps them crisp up in the air fryer and makes them even more malleable.
***Read More: Air Fryer Making Noise – How To Fix?
How long should I cook taquitos in an air fryer?
The benefit of an air fryer is how rapidly it cooks food! These taquitos require 12 minutes to prepare (7-8 minutes on one side, and then 3-4 more minutes once flipped).
Can I stack food in an air fryer?
We don’t encourage stacking taquitos since we want them to be extra crispy. You’ll want to work in batches rather than stacking them if you’re creating more than 16 taquitos (or your air fryer won’t hold all 16 at once).
How can you make taquitos stick together?
We’ve discovered that pressing down on the seam once the taquito is tightly rolled helps seal it. In the air fryer, it’s also critical to place the seam side down.
***Read More: Can I Use An Air Fryer As A Dehydrator?
How long do taquitos last?
These taquitos are best eaten directly out of the air fryer, but you can also store them in the fridge and reheat them later.
You can either re-crisp them in your air fryer for 2-3 minutes or microwave them for 90 seconds to reheat them. It’s best to eat leftover taquitos within four days of making them.
Can you freeze taquitos?
Yes, taquitos can be frozen. The best time to freeze them is after they’ve been baked. Allow them to cool completely before freezing them in an airtight container or ziplock bag for three months.
Starting from freezing, cook frozen taquitos in the air fryer for 4-5 minutes, or until they are heated through and crispy, forming from freezing. The exact time will vary depending on your air fryer, so keep a watch on them the first time and adjust as needed.
***Read More: Can You Put Water In An Air Fryer To Clean?
You may need to cook the taquitos in batches depending on the size of your air fryer. Extra salsa can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Taquitos can be made before: Air-fried them for about 4 minutes, or until faintly golden brown. Allow time for cooling. They were frozen for up to one month in a sealed freezer bag.
To defrost the filling, put it on a moist paper towel and microwave it for 1 minute. Place in the basket of a 6-quart air fryer preheated to 350°F and cooked for 6 minutes, or until crispy and golden brown.
#1. What to Serve with Taquitos?
To enjoy every bite of taquitos, serve them with guacamole, avocado crème, sour cream, melted cheese, ketchup, Sriracha mayo, and hot sauce.
#2. How to Reheat Taquitos in an Air Fryer?
Follow these simple instructions if you have any leftover taquitos and want to reheat them. Warm the air fryer to 400°F and heat for 1-2 minutes, or until well heated. When reheating, there’s no need to flip them.
#3. Can you cook store-bought taquitos in the air fryer?
You may cook store-bought taquitos in the air fryer, and you’ll follow the same steps as with these handmade taquitos. They should take about 8-10 minutes to cook.
#4. Why did my taquitos not brown up?
The taquitos will need to be sprayed with cooking spray before serving. The taquitos will turn golden brown as a result of the cooking spray.
Making frozen taquitos crunchy in an air fryer is a terrific technique. They’re simple to prepare as a quick lunch or snack.
The air fryer is more inclined to cook things crispy than a microwave. Taquitos can be burned if cooked at a high temperature for an extended period.
Hope you can find some interesting knowledge in our article about how long to cook taquitos in the air fryer. And hope it is useful for you!